Disodium pyrophosphate or sodium acid pyrophosphate is an inorganic compound consisting of sodium cations and pyrophosphate anion. It is a white, water-soluble solid that serves as a buffering and chelating agent, with many applications in the food industry
- As suitable baking agent, this chemical regulates fermentation features of baked items and enhances intensity of produced materials.
- As effective ingredient of instant noodles, this chemical makes end product non sticky and decreases its rehydration duration.
- This chemical is also used in confectionery products like cakes and biscuits to minimize their fermentation duration and also to extends their storage life.
- In cold drink formulation, this chemical is used as one of the important ingredients to prevent oxidation.
- As effective emulsifier, this chemical is used in ice cream processing.